- Fulltime Please send inquires and resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Fund Accounting Manager will report to the Fund Controller and manage the operations of a large separate account with an institutional investor. This includes interfacing with the investor on transactions, managing cash flows, corporate governance, general ledger accounting, financial reporting, tax matters and collaboration with various internal teams.
Financial, Tax & Performance Reporting
- Responsible for the general day-to-day maintenance of the general ledger for a separate account, including closing the books for the fund entity, coordinating with property accounting, finance, and other teams to meet close deadlines and reporting requirements.
- Prepare and review general ledger accounting reconciliations, identify and research unique transactions and prepare fund roll ups and consolidations.
- Assist with the preparation of monthly and quarterly fair value financial statements, footnotes, and internal reporting packages. Provide financial results analyses to internal stakeholders.
- Work closely with the Fund Controller to identify and implement process improvement initiatives, policies, controls and documentation.
- Manage cash flows and review and approve invoices for payment.
- Assist with tax return filings by providing supporting documentation and assisting with project management. Coordinate tax payments to various jurisdictions as necessary.
- Assist with quarterly fund performance calculations.
- Prepare wire payments for invoices, acquisitions, debt, distributions and capital calls.
- Work with compliance and legal counsel on fund documentation.
- Work closely with tax preparers in connection with preparation of tax reporting (1099’s, K-1’s, etc.)
- Assist the Fund Controller with researching accounting, legal and tax issues related to consolidation, fund structuring, property valuations and other fund and property matters.
- Assist with continuous improvement of processes, policies, controls, and documentation
- As needed, assist with treasury and reporting requirements for other fund teams and property accounting teams.
- Provide outstanding customer service to internal and external customers.
Education and Experience Expected:
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Needed:
- Bachelor’s degree required; accounting/finance majors and CPA preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of general ledger accounting, public accounting and/or real estate experience
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in monthly close, financial reporting, and cash management. Experience with fair value or fund accounting preferred.
- MRI accounting software or equivalent experience with enterprise accounting systems
Salary and Benefits:
If employed in Colorado, the salary for this position generally ranges between $95,000 and $115,000. This range is an estimate, based on potential employee qualifications, operational needs and other considerations permitted by law. Actual salaries will vary and may be above or below the stated range based on various factors including, among other factors, location, education and training, experience, internal pay alignment, and performance. A potential new employee’s salary history will not be used in compensation decisions. Many candidates’ compensation will start in the bottom half of the stated range. This role is also eligible to participate in a merit-based annual bonus program, health, vision, and dental insurance plans, long and short-term disability, 401K plan, and PTO. This information is provided in connection with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, and similar positions located outside of Colorado may or may not necessarily receive the same compensation.
EverWest is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
- Advanced skills with verbal and written communication, problem solving, and interpersonal skills necessary.
- Proven ability to identify and implement process improvement opportunities
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to forge effective working relationships throughout accounting team and organization
- Ability to multi-task, with attention to detail and an ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Advanced Excel skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office.