- Fulltime Please send inquiries and resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Corporate Controller will report to the Chief Accounting Officer and will have significant interaction with Directors and Managers in the accounting group. The role will provide oversight over eight employees responsible for corporate accounting and reporting, treasury, accounts payable, system administration. This role will lead the process to close the corporate books on a monthly and quarterly basis, prepare financial reporting and analysis, oversee the annual audit, manage the budgeting and forecasting process and forecast cash flows for corporate entities. The Corporate Controller is a highly visible role and will play an integral part in the daily operations of the Company through personnel oversight and process improvement initiatives across the accounting department.
- Manage the accounting process for all corporate entities; coordinate with others in the accounting department to achieve a timely and high quality monthly close. Resolve complex technical accounting issues.
- Lead the treasury function to ensure a high level of customer service is provided to internal and external stakeholders and provide oversight of internal controls to mitigate the risk of fraud.
- Review quarterly financial reporting packages including review of supporting reconciliations and consolidations.
- Provide oversight to the accounts payable team to ensure that invoices are properly processed and paid timely. Monitor KPIs to ensure the best possible service to vendors and internal stakeholders.
- Oversee the administration of accounting systems including MRI, Avid, Concur and Workiva. Work closely with consultants and other accounting personnel to continuously improve the platforms and create efficiencies.
- Hire, train, effectively lead and develop team members. Motivate and promote professional excellence, professional development, and company culture. Provide regular feedback, assist with establishing clear priorities and goals to multiple teams.
- Assist with the preparation of tax returns and the quarterly tax provision by providing supporting documentation and communicating with tax personnel.
- Manage the completion of an annual audit of the corporate entities under IFRS by coordinating with auditors, providing project management assistance and fulfilling audit requests.
- Coordinate the preparation of ad-hoc reports for executive management
- Oversee and manage the annual corporate budgeting and forecasting processes and coordinate the preparation and distribution of monthly departmental budget variance reports.
- Continuous improvement of processes, policies, internal controls and assist with documentation.
- Education and Experience Expected:
- Bachelor’s degree required; accounting/finance majors and CPA preferred
- Minimum of 10 years of commercial real estate accounting experience preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of management experience with ability to motivate and work with individuals of multiple backgrounds
- Corporate accounting, SEC reporting, technical accounting and IFRS experience preferred
- Experience with budgeting, forecasting and cash flow management preferred
- Demonstrated experience working with Avid, Workiva, Concur or similar platforms
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Needed:
- Must be a motivated self-starter with strong team leadership and problem-solving skills, the aptitude to think independently, and the motivation to work with a team in an entrepreneurial environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to forge effective working relationships throughout accounting team and the Company
- Ability to multi-task, with attention to detail and an ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Advanced Excel skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office; MRI accounting software or equivalent experience with enterprise accounting systems
- Demonstrated skills with Avid, Workiva, Concur or similar platform
Salary and Benefits:
If employed in Colorado, the salary for this position generally ranges between $140,000 and $170,000. This range is an estimate, based on potential employee qualifications, operational needs and other considerations permitted by law. Actual salaries will vary and may be above or below the stated range based on various factors including, among other factors, location, education and training, experience, internal pay alignment, and performance. A potential new employee’s salary history will not be used in compensation decisions. Many candidates’ compensation will start in the bottom half of the stated range. This role is also eligible to participate in a merit-based annual bonus program, health, vision, and dental insurance plans, long and short-term disability, 401K plan, and PTO. This information is provided in connection with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, and similar positions located outside of Colorado may or may not necessarily receive the same compensation.
EverWest is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.