- Fulltime Please submit resumes and cover letters to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Financial, Tax & Performance Reporting:
• Support the Fund Accounting manager through the daily accounting processes for Fund entities; coordinate with property accounting, finance, and other teams to meet close deadlines and reporting requirements.
• Prepare general ledger accounting reconciliations, identify and research unique transactions, prepare fund consolidations.
• Assist the Fund Accounting Manager in coordinating capital contributions
• Complete quarterly and terminal distribution calculations and prepare the related cash transfers
• Assist with the preparation of monthly/quarterly consolidated fair value financial statements, footnotes, and internal reporting packages.
• Work closely with the Fund Accounting Manager on process improvement initiatives, policies, controls and documentation.
• Manage cash flow and approve payable invoices for the funds
• Assist with multiple audits and tax return filings by providing supporting documentation and assisting with the coordination of the audit and tax teams. Coordinate tax payments to various jurisdictions as necessary.
• Prepare wire payments for invoices, acquisitions, debt, distributions and capital calls.
• Prepare supporting schedules for quarterly investor requests for information, prepare investor reporting deliverables and provide ad-hoc information requests as needed.
• Complete investor audit confirmation requests, ad-hoc investor reporting analysis.
• Assist with REIT compliance testing (quarterly/annually).
• Work closely with external auditors and tax preparers in preparation of annual financial statements, tax reporting (1099’s, K-1’s, 5500).
• As needed, assist with treasury and reporting requirements for other fund teams and property accounting teams.
• Provide outstanding customer service to internal and external customers.
• Bachelor’s degree required; accounting/finance majors and CPA preferred
• Minimum of 3 years of general ledger accounting, public accounting and/or real estate experience.
• Experience with investment accounting and fund accounting preferred. Strong foundation in US GAAP.
• Strong verbal and written communication, problem solving, and interpersonal skills necessary.
• Must be a motivated self-starter with strong team leadership and problem-solving skills, the aptitude to think independently, identify issues, and the motivation to work with a team in a fast-paced, rapidly changing, entrepreneurial environment.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to forge effective working relationships throughout accounting team and organization
• Ability to multi-task, with attention to detail and an ability to work both independently and in a team environment
• Advanced Excel skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office. MRI accounting software or equivalent experience with enterprise accounting systems.
Salary and Benefits:
The salary for this position generally ranges between $80,000 and $90,000. This range is an estimate, based on potential employee qualifications, operational needs and other considerations permitted by law. Actual salaries will vary and may be above or below the stated range based on various factors including, among other factors, location, education and training, experience, internal pay alignment, and performance. A potential new employee’s salary history will not be used in compensation decisions. Many candidates’ compensation will start in the bottom half of the stated range. This role is also eligible to participate in a merit-based annual bonus program, health, vision, and dental insurance plans, long and short-term disability, 401K plan, and PTO. This information is provided in connection with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, and similar positions located outside of Colorado may or may not necessarily receive the same compensation.
EverWest is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.