- Fulltime Please submit resumes and cover letters to: firstname.lastname@example.org
This position will report to the Fund Accounting Manager and will assist in day-to-day responsibilities for the
operations of multiple open-end real estate funds with over $1B in AUM. Real estate investment funds are
offered to institutional and high net worth individuals that invest across a wide spectrum of private and
public U.S. real estate markets with an emphasis on direct properties and publicly traded REIT stocks.
Financial, Tax & Performance Reporting:
- Review the daily and monthly deliverables performed by the third-party fund administrator.
- Provide oversight, coordination, and review of the quarterly financial and investor statements andannual reporting for the funds that are outsourced to the third-party fund administrator.
- Prepare general ledger entries and accounting reconciliations, identify and research unique transactions.
- Assist with the preparation of quarterly consolidated financial statements, footnotes, and investor statements for multiple funds prepared internally.
- Work closely with the Fund Accounting Manager on identifying and implementing process improvement initiatives, policies, controls, and documentation.
- Assist with multiple audits and tax return filings by providing supporting documentation and assisting with the coordination of the audit and tax teams.Coordinate tax payments to variousjurisdictions as necessary.
- Work closely with external auditors and tax preparers in preparation of annual financial statements, tax reporting (1099’s, K-1’s, 5500).
- Monitor daily balances of cash and securities maintained by third party, ensure proper accounting for cash and security movements as well as investor contributions/redemptions.
- Assist with quarterly fund performance calculations.
- Prepare cash and wire instructions for investor redemptions, fund transfers, and invoice payments.
- Work closely with investor relations on routine and ad-hoc information requests as needed.
- Complete investor audit confirmation request, ad-hoc investor reporting analysis.
- Coordinate quarterly/annual financial and capital statements to be posted to the investor portal
- Perform REIT compliance testing (quarterly/annually).
- Work with compliance and legal counsel on updating fund documentation.
- Assist in the preparation of filings required under applicable securities laws.
- Assist the Fund Controller and Fund Accounting Manager in researching accounting, legal and tax issues surrounding topics such as ERISA, consolidation, fund structuring, UBTI, valuations, and other fund matters.
- Assist with continuous improvement of processes, policies, controls, and documentation.
- As needed, assist with treasury and other reporting requirements.
- Provide outstanding customer service to internal and external customers.
- Bachelor’s degree required; accounting/finance majors and CPA preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years of accounting for securities/fund accounting, public accounting and/or hedge fund accounting experience. Candidates should have familiarity with securities as well as operations and reporting for investment vehicles.
- Strong foundation in general accounting, financial reporting, and cash management required. Strong verbal and written communication, problem solving, and interpersonal skills necessary.
- Must be a motivated self-starter with strong team leadership and problem-solving skills, the aptitude to think independently, identify issues, and the motivation to work with a team in a fastpaced, rapidly changing, entrepreneurial environment.
- Proven ability to identify and implement process improvement opportunities.
- Build and maintain effective relationships with internal and external parties.
- Ability to perform research and come up with conclusions to present to the leadership team.
- Ability to multi-task, with attention to detail and an ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Advanced Excel skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office. MRI accounting software or equivalent experience with enterprise accounting systems.
Salary and Benefits:
The salary for this position generally ranges between $80,000 and $90,000. This range is an estimate,
based on potential employee qualifications, operational needs and other considerations permitted by law.
Actual salaries will vary and may be above or below the stated range based on various factors including,
among other factors, location, education and training, experience, internal pay alignment, and
performance. A potential new employee’s salary history will not be used in compensation decisions. Many
candidates’ compensation will start in the bottom half of the stated range. This role is also eligible to
participate in a merit-based annual bonus program, health, vision, and dental insurance plans, long and
short-term disability, 401K plan, and PTO. This information is provided in connection with the Colorado
Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, and similar positions located outside of Colorado may or may not
necessarily receive the same compensation.
EverWest is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity
employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age,
or veteran status.