John Maurer, Senior Vice President, Portfolio Management, serves as Lead Portfolio Manager for the GWL U.S. Property Fund and Plus Strategies. His responsibilities include strategy execution, investment selection and performance results as well as overseeing allocations and management of third-party REIT managers for PLUS funds’ public/private relative value strategy.
John has worked in the real estate investment management business as a fiduciary for 35 years. He has deep experience with transactions, development, fund raising portfolio and fund management experience, and since 1997 has been a fiduciary to institutional investors with respect to core and value-added strategies in open-end funds, separate accounts and closed-end funds.
- Bell Partners, Inc. - Senior Vice President, Portfolio Management
- EverWest - Managing Principal, Head of Investment Strategy
- Arsenal Real Estate Funds - Co-founding Partner
- Prudential Real Estate Investors - Principal and Portfolio Manager
- University of Wisconsin - Masters in Real Estate Appraisal & Investment Analysis
- University of Wisconsin - Bachelor's Degree in Real Estate & Urban Land Economics
- National Council of Real Estate Investment Fiduciaries (NCREIF)
- Pension Real Estate Association (PREA)
- National Multifamily Housing Council (NMHC)
- University of Wisconsin – Graaskamp Center Board of Advisors